Preliminary timetable (PT) will be released in early March.
– running events are held at the front and back track of the stadium
– events are finals if there doesn’t read “pre” at the timetable
Confirmed timetable (CT) will be released during the week of the event.
All competitions are held at Lappeenranta stadium
Urheilukatu, 53100 Lappeenranta
Latest update 26.3.2019
Please read these instructions carefully. Please ensure that you have enough time to get to the games venue.
RUNNING AND WALKING EVENTS
There is no need to confirm participation in the running and walking events. In order to ensure enough time for preparation for the athletes the heats will be made in advance, one day prior to the event.
Relays must be confirmed (see instructions below).
Withdrawals are made to the Technical Information Office (TIC).
Confirmation of field sports participation happens by gathering at the calling point in accordance with the calling timetable.
If you are busy at another event or medal ceremony and cannot make it to the calling, then you can confirm your participation in the event at the location of your event. It is also acceptable for a parent or guardian to come to the calling to explain the situation.
Sports with separate qualifying
- No need to confirm participation in finals separately. But you must arrive to the Call room in time.
- NB! If you withdraw from a final without telling us, you will be excluded from future events! So, tell the games office if you cannot take part in the final.
Relay race participants must confirm their participation and running order to the games office in writing no later than 90 minutes before the start of each race.
You can find these documents also from the TIC
– final confirmation form for relays:
The Technical Information Center (TIC) is located within the accommodation school (Pohjolankatu 23, 53100 Lappeenranta). Walking distance from the competition venue is about 400m.
Thursday June 13th: 5pm – 9pm
Friday June 14th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday June 15th: 7:45am – 9:15pm
Sunday June 16th: 7:20am-9:15pm
Competitors in series 12-17 are allowed to use own implements. Competitors in series 9-11 will use organizers implements.
If you use your own implements, you must bring them to the technical room at least 90 mins before your event. Officials will bring these implements to the warm up and competition. These implements are on the field until the event is over. Athlete receives his/her own implement from the technical room after the event is over.
Technical room is located at the field level at the beginning of the stadium construction. You can enter there outside the stadium – check map “Techical manager for personal implements”
- Given out with the participant’s envelope in the Technical Information Center (TIC) (Pohjolankatu 23, 53100 Lappeenranta).
- You do not need to respond competitor numbers after the games.
- The competitor number should be worn so that the advertisements are visible, and it should be worn on the front of the body (except for pole vault and hammer throw).
Relay teams’ numbers are distributed from the games office when the teams’ participation is confirmed.
- The team leader and supporter should confirm the runners and the running order in writing no later than 90 minutes before the start of each race.
- In relay races, each runner has his or her own race number.
- Check carefully to make sure that your team has the right number.
- A RELAY TEAM’S ANCHOR LEG IS GIVEN A NUMBER ON A YELLOW BACKGROUND!
Heats and groups are shown early on the results service. You should check heats and groups again before your warm up incase of updates (just to make sure).
In group sports, heats are allocated on the basis of statistics.
- In running events, the athletes’ record (PB) results are downloaded from the athlete register and upated during the competition week. Foreign athletes have informed the PB results at the registration form.
- We notice the results made before the 7th of June.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept results from the indoor sport season or the last season submitted by email.
- All heats will be made on basis of statistics (PB)
- In the 15-17 series in races of 300 m or longer, we try to divide athletes into heats on the basis of their record times in an athlete-friendly way.
- In sprints, winning heats does not make a difference to qualifying, as the times decide whether you end up in finals or not.
- Heats will be announced in advance in the Live result service and on the notice board.
Field sports qualification groups
- Jump events that are carried out in two or more groups will be divided on basis of prior results (PB).
- The qualification groups will be published on these pages in prior to the games and in the Live result service.
Increases to heights in jumping sports
|M17||<165, 10cm||165 – 185, 5cm||185 <, 3cm|
|W17||<145, 10cm||145 – 160, 5cm||160 <, 3cm|
|B15||<150, 10cm||150 – 165, 5cm||165 <, 3cm|
|G15||<130, 10cm||130 – 150, 5cm||150 <, 3cm|
|B13||<130, 10cm||130 – 150, 5cm||150 <, 3cm|
|G13||<125, 10cm||125 – 150, 5cm||150 <, 3cm|
|B12||<120, 10cm||125 – 140, 5cm||140 <, 3cm|
|G12||<120, 10cm||125 – 140, 5cm||140 <, 3cm|
|B11||<115, 10cm||115 – 135, 5cm||135 <, 3cm|
|G11||<115, 10cm||115 – 130, 5cm||130 <, 3cm|
|B14&15||<260, 20cm||260 – 290, 15cm||290 – 330, 10cm||330 <, 5cm|
|G14&15||<200, 20cm||200 – 245, 15cm||245 – 300, 10cm||300 <, 5cm|
There are good warm up areas around the stadium.
The call room is place where all athletes go before their events begin.
The call room is located behind the main stadium construction at the beginning of the 100m.
In all sports, athletes go to the games area in complete groups through the call room. If an athlete has two events at the same time and the earlier one does not end before the calling time, he or she can explain the situation in the first calling, if possible, and then go straight to his or her second event.
CALLING TIMETABLE WELL BE RELEASED HERE
Calling open = you may come to the call room to register
Go to field = calling is closing, and the group is going to the field By this time, you must be present, or you will not be able to participate (unless you have simultaneous events, in which case see above).
In sprints, the fastest eight (8) athletes go forward to the final. In the 9-13-year-olds, If athletes who have signed up do not show up, the final is filled on the basis of times. Once a race below has started, gaps left by no-shows are no longer filled. In the 14-17-year-olds, the gaps in final left by no-shows are not filled..
In the running and walking sports in which there is a direct final, times decide the ranking.
In field sports with separate qualifiers the best 12 athletes go forward to the final competition. The qualifer has three rounds. In separate final competitions, all finalists first have three rounds, of which the eight (8) best continue to the last three rounds in reverse performance order.
If the field sport is done played directly as a final, everyone first does three rounds, on the basis of the results of which the eight (8) best continue to the three last rounds. In this case, group results are decided on the basis of the first three rounds.
See winners in the “Victory Ceremonies” section.
In field events, in the 9-13-year-olds, there are team competitions. A team does not need to register in advance. The event of the best two in a group decides the ranking. The best three groups will get prizes. A team competition is calculated on the basis of the three qualifying rounds.
Oral objections must be made directly at the competition venue and they are handled by the sport leader in a separate venue while the race is in progress. Written objections must be submitted to the games office within 30 minutes of the race completing or the official results being announced. The processing fee for a written objection is €50 and it is not returned if the objection is not processed further.
Victory ceremony info is announced later here.
- Instructions concerning victory ceremonies for group events will be published later.
- Medal ceremonies will take place at the Games Square (Kisatori)
RELAYS: In relay races, the best three teams on each run get prizes.
Boys/girls 9-13 years, individual events: The best six in each individual event get prizes.
In boys’/girls’ 9-13-year-old group events, the three best teams get medals.
Boys/girls 14-17 years, individual events: The three best in each individual event get prizes.
– Also honorary and product prizes will be .
Parents’, guardians’ and trainers’ access to the competition area is limited. To ensure safe, flexible conduct of the games, access to the competition area and inner field is forbidden. We aim to reserve an area near the event competition area for communication with the athlete.
NB! In the heats for sprints, we are unfortunately unable to allow parents or trainers onto the field with the runners. During the starts of the 9-11-year-olds’ races, in particular, we are going to organize enough assistants to help the children with the starting blocks (using them is not mandatory).
In 9-11-year-olds’ events, parent or guardian may guide the athlete to the calling room and to the field if necessary. However, this will be done in such a way that no parents or guardians are on the competition field when the event begins. Modified 12.6.2019
The participants who have registered will be listed on this page in the week of the event. If you find that something is missing, let us know immediately via the form.
SEE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS HERE (will be released here later)